Search Site
Court Order Modifications

We all face changes of life circumstances at one time or another. A new job, the loss of a job, a new spouse or a relocation can dramatically affect your ability to follow an existing court order.
Three types of Court Orders that might need to be modified are:

  • Child custody: A judge will consider a child custody modification if it is in the best interests of the child.
  • Child support: If a child’s needs change or a parent’s income dramatically increases or decreases, a modification may be necessary.
  • Spousal support: There are many reasons a spousal support order should change, including remarriage of the receiving spouse and a change in the paying spouse’s income.

How The Koslow Law Firm Can Help
If your circumstances have changed in a way that makes it difficult to adhere to an existing order, it is very important to immediately speak with a family law attorney. If you simply stop paying support or stop following your court-ordered custody arrangement, it can result in serious legal ramifications — including jail time.

Evan Koslow can guide you through the process of modifying a court order. Evan will help you understand your rights and keep you up to date on the status of your modification. It is important that you feel empowered to participate in this process as it will dramatically affect your life.

Are you planning to relocate with your minor child?
A parent may need to move to a different city or state for many reasons, including a job opportunity or urgent family matter. However, if you are planning to move while you are going through a divorce involving child custody or after you have a child custody agreement in place, it is important to speak with an attorney because there are steps you must take to ensure that you are in compliance with the law.
Evan Koslow has helped parents and caregivers all over the country to make sure that all loose ends are tied up before a relocation.

To learn more about how much notice to give before a relocation, read Evan’s Blog

Do you want to file an appeal?
Evan Koslow is experienced with filing appeals for family law cases. Please schedule your consultation today to learn more about your case and how The Koslow Law Firm can help you.

Call Koslow Law Firm LLC at 443-333-1724 or contact me online to schedule a consultation with a family law attorney in Annapolis, Maryland.

Contact us

Please fill out the form below and we will contact you.

Quick Contact Form

Office Location
  • Annapolis Office
    420-I Chinquapin Round Road
    Annapolis, Maryland 21401
    Phone: 443-482-5141
    Fax: 443-482-5142